About Taos Rockers
Read about our international collection trips HERE.
We will be welcoming customers inside, while observing all public health mandates in New Mexico regarding the Covid-19 outbreak.
Taos Rockers is owned & managed by Cortney Stewart and Anne Brenner ~ In business since '08
Who we are
Taos Rockers Newsletters
Written by Martha Sykes; resident geologist and reiki master at Taos Rockers. Martha has a BS in Geology; in Hawaii she served as a one-woman geology department at Hawaii Pacific University, teaching physical geology, natural disasters, mineralogy, geochemistry, environmental science, global change, marine geology, hydrogeology, and sedimentology. Along the way she moved into administration, finishing her tenure at HPU as the head of research and grants administration. Martha is also a level IV Reiki Master and she has apprenticed with Heather Ash Amara and is a certified Warrior Goddess facilitator. She has studied extensively with Colette Baron-Reid and is a certified oracle guide. In Peru she was initiated and attuned with Earthkeeper energy by an Andean q’ero. And that brings her full circle back into earth “science."
Newsletter article introducing Martha to the team HERE
Behind the Scenes
Kyla has been a part of the Taos Rockers' family since 2018.
"After only a week in Taos, Kai was hired by Anne and Cortney to work in the downtown store. Working with Jesse Kline, she explored the crystallography and geochemistry of the mineral specimens in the store. Working with Valerie she explored other ways of working with crystal energy.
When Anne and Cortney decided to implement an online store for Taos Rockers, Kai had the experience to help them. What started as a part-time endeavor at the shop became a full-time job in developing and later managing the Taos Rockers website from her office. She is assisted by her very special helper, Theo (now age 21months) who brightens our days when he joins his mom at work. When not at work, the family is busy with intensive gardening, livestock (quail, ducks, dog, cat,...), coffee roasting, chocolate making, and other eco-creative endeavors."
Excerpt from the newsletter article featuring Kyla for Mother's Day HERE
In the Shop
A gentleman and a scholar, working at Taos Rockers retail store since 2011.
"He knows more about New Mexico minerals and their geologic occurrence than most university geology professors in that field, and is a total WOW at identifying minerals from hand samples. And that's just a small piece of it."
— Excerpt from the newsletter article featuring Jesse's retirement.
- He is a passionate advocate for adult literacy and worked in that field for years.
- He knows how to maintain and repair vintage swamp coolers.
- Since 2000 he’s specialized in creating exhibits for professional regional- and national-level mineralogical symposiums.
- He took intro-level geology courses at Taos Community College.
- He never went to graduate school for geology, and he knows more about New Mexico geology and minerals than most university professors in the field.
- He was the first person to discover (and scientifically confirm) emeralds in New Mexico (in Taos County, no less!) – none had ever been reported before from the state.
- He’s an artist, particularly enjoying print-making, drawing and sculpture.
- Many mineralogical specimens at the New Mexico Bureau of Geology Mineral Museum (Socorro, NM Tech) were collected by Jesse.
- He’s still an active collector of mineral specimens, and now particularly enjoys mentoring younger collectors who are willing to learn.